Max Planck Institue Mathematics in the Sciences
Inselstrasse 22, 04103 Leipzig Germany
Office: G3 07
Phone: +49 (0) 341- 9959 - 820
I am a postdoctoral researcher at Leipzig University, and a guest researcher
at Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences in Leipzig, working
I obtained my Ph.D. in August 2018 from Rennes University 1 - IRMAR
My research interests lie in:
- algebraic geometry
- number theory
more specifically in
- moduli of algebraic curves
- moduli of algebraic surfaces of low dimension.
I also enjoy studying the connections of algebraic geometry
and number theory to
- algebraic statistics
- coding theory
- tropical geometry
- representation theory
- discrete geometry...
For one of my homes, Nesin Mathematics Village.
The 27 real lines and a happy Türkü on Clebsch surface! (Heinrich-Heine-Universität)
My and Nina Otter's courses at Nesin Mathematics Village this summer:
Our seminar course with Julia Struwe on the historical mathematical
model collection of Leipzig University.
TÜRKÜ ÖZLÜM ÇELİK firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our CIMPA school, August 23-27, İstanbul: Tools and Software for Algebraic Geometry.
Here is our REU program, August 30 - September 12.
Here is a heartfelt and inspiring interview, in "DFG magazin"!
Photo credit: Özde Bayer
12) On Algebraic Theta Divisors and Rational Solutions of the KP equation with Daniele Agostini and John B. Little.
11) Nonlinear Algebra and Applications; Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization, 2021. with Paul Breiding, Timothy Duff, Alexandre Heaton, Aida Maraj, Anna-Laura Sattelberger, Lorenzo Venturello and Oğuzhan Yürük.
10) Numerical Reconstruction of Curves from their Jacobians with Daniele Agostini and Demir Eken; submitted.
9) The Dubrovin threefold of an algebraic curve with Daniele Agostini and Bernd Sturmfels; Nonlinearity 34 (2021) 3783-3812.
8) Wasserstein Distance to Independence Models with Asgar Jamneshan, Guido Montúfar, Bernd Sturmfels, Lorenzo Venturello;
Journal of Symbolic Computation 104 (2021) 855-873.
Mathematical Aspects of Computer and Information Sciences, MACIS 2019, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 11989 (2020) 364-381.
Le Matematiche, 75 (2020) 2, 611-625.
Yara Elias, Burçin Gunes, Rachel Newton, Ekin Ozman, Rachel Pries and Lara Thomas; Women in Numbers Europe II 11 (2018) 117-158.
1) Architecture level Optimizations for Kummer based HECC on FPGAs, with Gabriel Gallin, Arnaud Tisserand; Progress in Cryptology
– INDOCRYPT 2017 (2017) 44-64.
Master's thesis (December 2014): A Drinfeld modular interpretation of an asymptotically optimal tower of curves over finite fields.
PhD thesis (August 2018): Propriétés géométriques et arithmétiques explicites des courbes. (Slides for the defense.)
Code for reconstruction of space sextics from their tritangents, implemented in Magma,
joint work with A. Kulkarni, Y. Ren, M. Sayyary Namin.
Code for Numerical reconstruction of curves from their Jacobians
joint work with D. Agostini and D. Eken.
UCGEN - Ulusrarası Cebirsel Geometri Neşesi, since August 2020, with Alp Bassa, Özgür Esentepe, Ali Özgür Kişisel.
SFU NTAG - Number Theory and Algebraic Geometry Seminar, since October 2020 - August 2021, with Nils Bruin.
Meetings on MaMo Leipzig University (2 Sessions), 7 May 2020, 28 May 2020, Zoom
MACIS 2019, Program Committee, 13-15 November, Istanbul/Turkey
Round Table Meeting: Women in Mathematics at MPI MiS, November 2018, December 2018; with F. Arici & Xianqing L.-J.
Mini-Symposium on Riemann Surfaces, 9-13 July 2019, Bern/Switzerland
Seminar on Nonlinear Algebra, June 2018 - December 2018, MPI MIS.