Max Planck Institue Mathematics in the Sciences
Inselstrasse 22, 04103 Leipzig Germany
Office: G3 07
Phone: +49 (0) 341- 9959 - 820
I am a postdoctoral researcher at Leipzig University, and a guest researcher
at Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences in Leipzig, working
in the Research Group in Nonlinear Algebra led by Bernd Sturmfels.
I obtained my Ph.D. in August 2018 from Rennes University 1 - IRMAR
under the supervision of Christophe Ritzenthaler and Sylvain Duquesne.
My research interests lie in:
- algebraic geometry
- number theory
more specifically in
- moduli of algebraic curves
- moduli of algebraic surfaces of low dimension.
I also enjoy studying the connections of algebraic geometry
and number theory to
- algebraic statistics
- coding theory
- tropical geometry
- representation theory
- discrete geometry...
For one of my homes, Nesin Mathematics Village.
The 27 real lines and a happy Türkü on Clebsch surface! (Heinrich-Heine-Universität)
My and Nina Otter's courses at Nesin Mathematics Village this summer:
- "Invitation to Nonlinear Algebra"
Our seminar course with Julia Struwe on the historical mathematical
model collection of Leipzig University.
Photo credit: Özde Bayer
TÜRKÜ ÖZLÜM ÇELİK firstname.lastname@example.org
Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions co-fund program research fellow at Koç University
With Claudia Fevola; organizing a mini-symposium
"Algebraic Curves, Integrable Systems, and Computer Algebra"
at SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry.
Together with Bernard Deoninck, Mark Bennett, Charles Wang;
organized a JMM AMS special session "Applications of Riemann surfaces".
13) Crossing the transcendental divide: from translation surfaces to algebraic curves; Experimental Mathematics 0 34 0 (2023) 1-19,
with Samantha Fairchild and Yelena Mandelshtam.
12) On Algebraic Theta Divisors and Rational Solutions of the KP equation with Daniele Agostini and John B. Little; submitted.
11) Nonlinear Algebra and Applications; Numerical Algebra, Control and Optimization, (2021). with Paul Breiding, Timothy Duff, Alexandre Heaton, Aida Maraj, Anna-Laura Sattelberger, Lorenzo Venturello and Oğuzhan Yürük.
10) Numerical Reconstruction of Curves from their Jacobians with Daniele Agostini and Demir Eken;
Proceedings of the 18th Conference on Arithmetic, Geometry, Cryptography, and Coding Theory, AMS book series Contemporary Mathematics (2021).
9) The Dubrovin threefold of an algebraic curve with Daniele Agostini and Bernd Sturmfels; Nonlinearity 34 (2021) 3783-3812.
8) Wasserstein Distance to Independence Models with Asgar Jamneshan, Guido Montúfar, Bernd Sturmfels, Lorenzo Venturello;
Journal of Symbolic Computation 104 (2021) 855-873.
7) Theta Surfaces with Daniele Agostini, Julia Struwe, Bernd Sturmfels;
Vietnam Journal of Mathematics, (2020). Special issue for Jürgen Jost's 65th birthday.
6) Optimal Transport to a Variety with Asgar Jamneshan, Guido Montúfar, Bernd Sturmfels, Lorenzo Venturello; presented at
Mathematical Aspects of Computer and Information Sciences, MACIS 2019, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science 11989 (2020) 364-381.
5) On the Eigenpoints of Cubic Surfaces with Francesco Galuppi, Avinash Kulkarni, Stefana Miruna Sorea;
Le Matematiche, 75 (2020) 2, 611-625.
4) A Thomae-like Formula: Algebraic Computations of Theta Constants; International Mathematics Research Notices, (2019).
3) Tritangents and Their Space Sextics with Avinash Kulkarni, Yue Ren, Mahsa Sayyary Namin; Journal of Algebra 538 (2019) 290-311.
2) Non-ordinary curves with a Prym variety of low p-rank
Yara Elias, Burçin Gunes, Rachel Newton, Ekin Ozman, Rachel Pries and Lara Thomas; Women in Numbers Europe II 11 (2018) 117-158.
1) Architecture level Optimizations for Kummer based HECC on FPGAs, with Gabriel Gallin, Arnaud Tisserand; Progress in Cryptology
– INDOCRYPT 2017 (2017) 44-64.
Code for arithmetic on Kummer surfaces, implemented as source code for SageMath.
Code on computations of Thetanullwerte, implemented in Magma.
Code for reconstruction of space sextics from their tritangents, implemented in Magma,
joint work with A. Kulkarni, Y. Ren, M. Sayyary Namin.
Code for Numerical reconstruction of curves from their Jacobians
joint work with D. Agostini and D. Eken.
Code for From translation surfaces to algebraic curves
joint work with S. Fairchild and Y. Mandelshtam.
Master's thesis (December 2014): A Drinfeld modular interpretation of an asymptotically optimal tower of curves over finite fields.
PhD thesis (August 2018): Propriétés géométriques et arithmétiques explicites des courbes.